Well, That Was Fun

Yes, I know... I'm horrible at updating  this. I'm starting, after a lot of difficulties and decisions.

I overburdened myself in the spring, with the LSAT being the thing that got pushed (latest deadline).

I debated taking a year more off between, thus allowing myself more time to study for the LSAT and apply to school. I decided to do this and recently changed my mind. It's not really worth it.

Beyond that, there isn't much need to go through everything. I will say that I did moot court this past semester along with my honors capstone thesis project on the Alien Tort Statue and its applicability to American corporations. I also went the New Zealand, Poland, and Ireland. Considering I went last year to London (with a law course), I think I've done pretty well. I'm also most likely going to Rome over Christmas with my family. Ideally, I would go backpacking around Europe after that, but none of my friends will be free, so that may not happen. I think that is definitely a situation you want a friend in, especially in countries where nobody speaks English.

However, I should get back to the present. I'm looking at the Boston area, and I really like the BU Law program. I haven't visited yet, but I'm not overly concerned. (The only place I have visited is UConn Law, which was a great place that I like, but it is is CT. Boston area firms favor BU and BC. Plus, BU has a better presence in my desired field than UConn. UConn is climbing, though, so I'm definitely debating. It's certainly cheaper!) Beyond the fact that the school has both international and corporate law, there is the ability to study abroad for the entire 3L year and graduate with both a JD from BU and an LLM from the partner school. (UConn also has this - fun fact.) The good news is that you can use the abroad programs at any ABA school as a general rule. I'm not sure how it will work for a full year and LLM.

Anyways, now I'm looking at studying for the October 1, 2011 LSAT while also applying. I'd like to apply as early as possible. If I can get all of my materials in before October, then the LSAT score will be the only item holding my applications. At this point, I'm considering applying to the following: BU, UConn, BC, Yale (why not), Northeastern (cool program, low rating, no cool study abroad), Suffolk, and New England. Yes, most of those should be considered safety schools for me. However, I am looking not simply at the ranking (though that sadly must factor into the decision, particularly since I want a school recognized or easily accepted internationally).

I had a bit of a freak out the past few days. I'm nervous about starting to study later than I would normally. I'm also frustrated by this sheer amount of information available on this. It is simply too much. I'm using the Knewton program, which is apparently designed for those with lower scores than myself, but it fit my price and, more importantly, is a program style I like. I like that I can log in at any time and look through archives, take practice quizzes or tests, and ask questions. I can take the classes now via archives even though there isn't one currently running. There is a money back guarantee, but I hope not to use that! (My diagnostic, by the way, was 161. My weak sections were LR. My strong was, at 100%, LG.)

Since it is rather overwhelming (a feeling I've never really experienced previously), I'm concentrating on taking things one step at a time. However, there is a lot to do. Therefore, I'm setting strict guidelines for myself in hopes of exceeding them constantly and never letting myself fail one. For exampled, tonight I planned to view the archived Knewton Session 2, Part I (which just finished, actually) and get through page 25 of PowerBible LR. I instead went through to page 42 of the PB. Further, I'm going to start Part II of the Knewton Session, though I do need to sleep.

Oh, yeah - I'm also still working 45+ hours per week at the law office. I'm also basically working (without pay and with frustration) for 10 or so hours a week for my parents' companies. I'm also working on starting my own company, though that is obviously taking a back burner to the LSAT out of necessity. I'm also trying to go to the gym more. I'm also going away a lot, which is good except that it takes a lot of time. Then, once in school again, I'm moving in a week early and probably taking too many classes. (I don't need a full course load to graduate... and I'm overloading currently. I'll drop one, though.... and hopefully not pick up another.)

That's all for tonight, folks. I'm off to sleep and listen to this session. If anyone else out there is studying for the LSAT and/or applying to law schools for the fall of 2012, let me know!

To clarify, I'm only clicking these links to be shown via Zemanta. I have not yet viewed them. (I included one on the Bruins since I'm a Boston fan. Go B's! Stanley Cup!)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails